The Annenberg Foundation
The Annenberg Foundation is a family foundation established in 1989. Founded by Walter H. Annenberg, publisher and ambassador, the Foundation supports the worldwide community through its grantmaking, technical assistance and direct charitable activities.
The Annenberg Foundation was established in 1989 with $1.2 billion, one third of the assets from the sale of Triangle Publications. Ambassador Annenberg founded The Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania in 1958 and The Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Southern California in 1971. In 1983, Walter Annenberg established the Washington Program in Communication Policy Studies. Originally based in Radnor, PA the foundation moved its main headquarters to Los Angeles in 2008.
ITDATA began working with the Annenberg Foundation in 2003, managing all IT services through 2008.
In 2009, ITDATA led a strategic reorganization of the IT department in support of the Foundation’s organizational restructuring plan, including IT design services for the Foundation’s state-of-the-art, $12M office in Los Angeles, CA.
ITDATA worked closely with the Foundation’s Board providing strategic consulting, network design and IT support services for internal charitable programming. Key responsibilities and project work included:
- Developed strategies and managed IT team from 2003-2008
- Architected and built IT infrastructures, application platforms, and technology practice
- Led and designed IT transition plan, working closely with the Foundation’s senior executive management team to migrate IT infrastructure and support services to CA headquarters office
- Engineered and implemented technology plans in support of organization plan
- Upgraded technology, platforms, applications and policy
- Designed infrastructure for Los Angeles data center
- Incorporated new advancements in support of multi-media ventures and charitable programs
- Corporate systems and technology
- Designed policies and procedures to support Foundation programs
- Managed IT staff and annual budget
Annenberg Space for Photography
Los Angeles, CA
The space features state-of-the-art, high-definition digital projection technology presenting the work of world renowned AND EMERGING PHOTOGRAPHERS.
- Engineered and built IT infrastructure integrating operations, repositories and show delivery
- Worked closely with project architects, design team, producers, audio visual consultants and construction engineers
Los Angeles, CA
Explore is a signature project of the Annenberg Foundation led by Director, Charles Annenberg Weingarten, through which documentaries, short films, photographs and videos are created to showcase cultures, and extraordinary non-profits around the World.
- Supported technology of production systems, websites, and infrastructure
Los Angeles, CA
Metabolic Studio is a signature project of the Annenberg Foundation led by Director, Lauren Bon, located in downtown Los Angeles. Metabolic Studio is a studio for the practice at the intersection of art and philanthropy.
- Designed and built technology to support the work of the studio and integration to the Foundations systems
ITDATA enjoyed helping The Annenberg Foundation manage their IT Function and bring their special projects to fruition.
How can ITDATA help you?